Wednesday, February 15, 2017

VSCO2 Rompler


Big thanks to VST Planet for making this video


Otto used the VSCO2 Community edition to create this award winning song. Grats Otto!

Note this needs Windows Vista or later, it won't work on XP.
The full Rompler creates a crash issue with Reaper. The individual instruments seem to work fine, so please try those instead if you use Reaper.

Well here it is the new VSCO2 Rompler. Most obviously, the look is much nicer. Thanks to Sam Gossner for hooking my up with the artwork of Simon Autenrieth. The New GUI also includes a Reverb knob. Reverb is more important as the default release times have been shortened to allow for sharper performances. Also this orchestra is recorded pretty dry, so reverb is needed to wetten it up. If you are mixing it with the Sonatina Rompler you will notice the difference as the Sonatina is wetter out of the box.

Another improvement is round robins for most of the short articulations and quick percussion hits. Also the 'Old Trombone', 'Upright 1' piano and a lite piccolo patch have been added. This takes the total of samples to over 2000 and gives 25 instruments. The strings have solo violin and double bass and small violin, viola and cello sections. Brass and woodwinds have five solo instruments each. Remember this is a chamber orchestra, so it is intended for a smaller and more intimate sound. Traditionally a chamber orchestra would be brought into the home of a rich man, maybe a noble, to entertain his family and friends. So imagine you are a medieval baron as you listen.

Thanks to Sam Gossner and his crew for this collection of samples. Take a look at the Community Edition on his site. You can find the samples, SFZ versions and much more. If you enjoy the sound you might invest in the pro edition. I did and I'm quite enjoying it. The fun exotic instruments like wooden flutes, baroque recorders and unique brass make it worth the price of admission.

Thanks to VST4Free for providing alternate hosting here.

My full blog for VST instruments.




Full Version 2 Rompler contains all the instruments below it.
Instrument Win 64 Win 32 Mac VST Mac AU
Full Orchestra Win 64 Win 32 Mac VST Mac AU


I know some countries can't access Mediafire and so the gentleman behind VST4Free has kindly agreed to provide another host for the project. This link is to the full Rompler, you can also browse bigcat instruments next to the '>' sign to get the individual instruments.

Soundcloud Demo kindly created for me by Sam.
Demo of the Harp, Res Evil 3, Res Evil Main Hall by WhiteNoiz

Creative Commons Zero: Versilian Studios / Sam Gossner
Piano and Organ sampled by Simon Dalzell of Ivy Audio
Version 2 Artwork: Simon Autenrieth


Version Two Individual Instruments


Version One Instruments. Top row is all 18 instruments and 50 articulations in one rompler.
Instrument Win 64 Win 32 Mac VST Mac AU
Full Orchestra Win 64 Win 32 Mac VST Mac AU
Violin Win 64 Win 32 Mac VST Mac AU
Violin Section Win 64 Win 32 Mac VST Mac AU
Viola Section Win 64 Win 32 Mac VST Mac AU
Cello Section Win 64 Win 32 Mac VST Mac AU
Double Bass Win 64 Win 32 Mac VST Mac AU
Harp Win 64 Win 32 Mac VST Mac AU
Trumpet Win 64 Win 32 Mac VST Mac AU
Horn Win 64 Win 32 Mac VST Mac AU
Tenor Trombone Win 64 Win 32 Mac VST Mac AU
Tuba Win 64 Win 32 Mac VST Mac AU
Flute Win 64 Win 32 Mac VST Mac AU
Oboe Win 64 Win 32 Mac VST Mac AU
Clarinet Win 64 Win 32 Mac VST Mac AU
Bassoon Win 64 Win 32 Mac VST Mac AU
Piano Win 64 Win 32 Mac VST Mac AU
Organ Win 64 Win 32 Mac VST Mac AU
Percussion Win 64 Win 32 Mac VST Mac AU
Chromatic Win 64 Win 32 Mac VST Mac AU
VSCO2 Chromatic contains the Marimba, Xylo and Glock.  

Creative Commons Zero: Versilian Studios / Sam Gossner 
Piano and Organ sampled by Simon Dalzell of Ivy Audio
 
By downloading and using anything on this site you agree to this Limited Warranty & Liability.  

21 comments:

  1. Well Bigcat you've done it again, blown us away with you're purrfect magic.

    This stuff is awesome. Thanks for all the effort. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAC USERS- When downloading depending on which you chose or both {VST} {COMPONENT} Your Mac may ask If you want to download as a VST / COMPONENT or ZIP Choose ZIP! Then unzip and Install. I made mistake of choosing VST and Component and they did not work- I downloaded again and chose ZIP and all is well
    BIGCAT AWESOME STUFF! TY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello
    all of your download links are unavailable in russia
    is there any other way to download your instruments?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that mediafire didn't work in Russia. Thanks for letting me know. I've asked another site if they would be interested in hosting the Rompler. If they are, I'll add a link to their site on the blog.

      Delete
    2. VST4Free is now hosting the Rompler as well slong with the individual instruments.

      http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?plugin=VSCO2_Rompler&id=2734

      Delete
  4. I must not understand a "rompler". How do I install it, without an .exe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just find out in your DAW where the VST files are located and unzip the rompler zip file into that directory.
      For instance my main VST directory is C:\Program Files\Vstplugins . Your DAW should scan for VSTs on startup or you can tell it to rescan for VSTs.

      Delete
  5. Thanks Joe! I'll do that and report back....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't know what I'm missing but it appears all of the files are .mse not .nki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the stand alone version, the Kontakt version is at...
      http://bigcatinstruments.blogspot.com/2016/07/vsco-2-kontakt.html

      Delete
  7. Gah! my mistake and thanks for the .nki link

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,

    Is there any way to use it with Avid Pro Tools 12 ?

    Thanks ! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly Pro Tools uses proprietary AAX format that Maize Sampler can't export in.

      Fortunately SForzando does AAX
      https://www.plogue.com/products/sforzando/

      And the VSCO2 Community Edition is available for SFZ
      https://github.com/sgossner/VSCO-2-CE/tree/SFZ

      So you should be able to go that direction.

      Delete
  9. How do I set different instruments to different tracks in Reaper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure. Maybe try asking on the Cockos forums as I know a number of guys there use this with Reaper and might have a good answer to the question.

      Delete
  10. Does anyone else have a problem with using the Rompler in REAPER?
    I saved a project with the Rompler loaded and armed and I'm not able to open the project anymore - it crashes every single time I try to load it.
    I still can use the SFZ version, but I like the new GUI of the Rompler.
    Also - great job on this VST guys, it's very good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately there seems to be an error where the specific instrument being used in the Rompler isn't being saved correctly in Reaper. The individual instruments seem to work fine.

      Delete
  11. This is magical stuff Joe, I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate your hard work.

    I am having an issue where the V2 VSTs crash Ableton Live 9 Suite (32bit) instantly when I try to load them up. I have tried the complete orchestra, and the individual files. It is a slightly older version of Live - I tried a newer version on a friend's computer and they work fine - but it's impractical for me to upgrade Live on my own machine for a number of reasons.

    Have you any suggestions for how I might fix it? I adore the new GUIs and articulation controls, I would love to be able to use these properly.

    Many thanks,
    DRMF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry they aren't working for you. They are all made in Maize sampler and I must admit what happens after I put in the notes is pretty much magic too me. I'm just not sure what works and why.

      Delete
    2. You could have fooled me - you've created some amazing stuff here!

      Cheers for getting back to me so soon in any case, I'll keep digging at it and let you know if I figure out why. Thanks for sharing such amazing work!

      Delete
    3. On a similar but different issue Sam Gossner (the sampled behind VSCO2) said this...
      "However, there is one possible workaround- try downloading an older Maize instrument, such as VS Upright or Bigcat's individual Sonatina instruments, then go inside the .instruments folder, delete the contents, an replace them with the contents of the .instruments folder of the VSCO CE set. I can't promise it will work, and it may require trying a few different older Maize VST's, but it might work."

      It might be worth a try as these were made with a newer version of Maize Sampler and the older Sonatina instruments weren't.
      You could try it with the the Sonatina Violin (I'm using you are using windows?)
      http://www.mediafire.com/download/as60yv7i4z78h36/Sonatina_Violin_-_32.zip

      Delete